The coders at AMD who’re accountable for issuing GPU driver updates are holding themselves busy since Navi launched. Just some days to this point, AMD pushed out its Radeon Software program program program Adrenalin 2019 Mannequin 19.7.4 launch, which launched with it a restore that was inflicting Grand Theft Auto 5 to crash or keep when collaborating in on a Radeon RX 5700 sequence graphics card. Now there’s a new 19.7.5 launch that fixes one completely different crashing draw back, this time for Wolfenstein: Youngblood.
Unofficially, likelihood is you may tip your hat to Jarred Walton, who shortly found the problem and let AMD uncover out about it. Whether or not or not or not AMD already knew about it, we’re able to solely guess (Jarred nonetheless will get a cookie). Every technique, fixing the problem with Wolfenstein: Youngblood is the one precise set off for this driver change.
Whereas no completely completely different advantages are talked about contained in the launch notes, there are a handful of acknowledged elements listed, to handle AMD’s driver crew busy. They embody:
- Some system configurations could expertise inexperienced coloration corruption after prepare of Radeon Software program program program when working Dwelling residence home windows 10 May 2019 change.
- Stutter could also be professional when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh reveals with Radeon RX 5700 sequence graphics merchandise.
- Radeon Effectivity Metrics could report incorrect VRAM utilization.
- AMD Radeon VII could expertise elevated reminiscence clocks at idle or on desktop.
- Radeon Overlay could intermittently fail to look when toggled in recreation.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive could also be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Radeon RX 5700 sequence graphics could expertise a black present show display screen all via uninstall on Dwelling residence home windows 7 system configurations. A bit spherical is to carry out uninstall in secure mode.
- Recording clips with Radeon ReLive could end in clear clips on Radeon RX 5700 sequence Graphics with Windows7 system configurations.
- Enabling Enhanced Sync could set off recreation, utility, or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 sequence graphics merchandise.
That is AMD’s third GPU driver change in per week. Final Thursday, AMD pushed out its 19.7.three driver change with a promise of as loads as a 13 p.c effectivity obtain in Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Earlier than that, Jarred well-known some curious effectivity numbers on the Radeon RX 5700’s launch, with the 19.7.1 driver launch.
Chalk it as loads as rising pains with a mannequin new GPU development. To AMD’s credit score rating score, it has been good about releasing updates as elements crop up. This furthermore applies to its Zen 2 CPUs, and significantly a difficulty that was stopping Future 2 from engaged on third-generation Ryzen setups.
You’ll be able to purchase AMD’s newest GPU driver here.