The coders at AMD who’re accountable for issuing GPU driver updates are holding themselves busy since Navi launched. Just a few days up to now, AMD pushed out its Radeon Software program program program program Adrenalin 2019 Model 19.7.4 launch, which launched with it a restore that was inflicting Grand Theft Auto 5 to crash or hold when collaborating in on a Radeon RX 5700 sequence graphics card. Now there is a new 19.7.5 launch that fixes one fully completely different crashing draw again, this time for Wolfenstein: Youngblood.
Unofficially, chances are you might tip your hat to Jarred Walton, who shortly discovered the issue and let AMD uncover out about it. Whether or not or not or not or not AMD already knew about it, we’re in a position to solely guess (Jarred nonetheless will get a cookie). Each method, fixing the issue with Wolfenstein: Youngblood is the one exact set off for this driver change.
Whereas no fully fully completely different benefits are talked about contained within the launch notes, there are a handful of acknowledged components listed, to deal with AMD’s driver crew busy. They embody:
- Some system configurations may experience inexperienced coloration corruption after put together of Radeon Software program program program program when working Dwelling residence dwelling home windows 10 Could 2019 change.
- Stutter may be skilled when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh reveals with Radeon RX 5700 sequence graphics merchandise.
- Radeon Effectivity Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
- Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to look when toggled in recreation.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Radeon RX 5700 sequence graphics may experience a black current present show display screen all by way of uninstall on Dwelling residence dwelling home windows 7 system configurations. A bit spherical is to hold out uninstall in safe mode.
- Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may finish in clear clips on Radeon RX 5700 sequence Graphics with Windows7 system configurations.
- Enabling Enhanced Sync may set off recreation, utility, or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 sequence graphics merchandise.
That’s AMD’s third GPU driver change in per week. Remaining Thursday, AMD pushed out its 19.7.three driver change with a promise of as masses as a 13 p.c effectivity receive in Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Sooner than that, Jarred well-known some curious effectivity numbers on the Radeon RX 5700’s launch, with the 19.7.1 driver launch.
Chalk it as masses as rising pains with a model new GPU improvement. To AMD’s credit score rating score rating, it has been good about releasing updates as components crop up. This moreover applies to its Zen 2 CPUs, and considerably a problem that was stopping Future 2 from engaged on third-generation Ryzen setups.
You can buy AMD’s latest GPU driver right here.