Gears 5 is about to launch shortly, and in anticipation of the sport’s launch, AMD is pushing out a mannequin new Radeon Software program program program Adrenalin 2019 Mannequin 19.9.1 driver launch that’s optimized to ship the perfect effectivity.
Based mostly totally on AMD’s non-public inside benchmarking, the 19.9.1 driver yields as rather a lot as an Eight % effectivity bump in DirectX 12, as in contrast with the 19.8.2 driver. That metric will depend on working a Radeon RX 5700 XT, with the selection cranked as rather a lot as 4K.
Earlier the Gears 5 optimizations, there’s not a complete lot to debate. Solely a single bug restore—the 19.9.1 driver addresses a problem that was inflicting a system keep when launching RGB Fusion.
There are, nevertheless, a handful of acknowledged elements. They embrace:
- Gears 5 may expertise an utility keep on loading present with APU solely (Ryzen) primarily based desktop system configurations.
- HDMI overscan and underscan selections could also be lacking from Radeon Settings on AMD Radeon VII system configurations when the first current is about to 60Hz.
- Stutter could also be knowledgeable when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240Hz refresh reveals with Radeon RX 5700 assortment graphics merchandise.
- Radeon Effectivity Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
- AMD Radeon VII may expertise elevated reminiscence clocks at idle or on desktop.
- Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to look when toggled in sport.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive could also be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Enabling Enhanced Sync may set off sport, utility or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 assortment graphics merchandise.
Comply with this hyperlink to amass the most recent AMD GPU driver.