Reference design for a 350 W energy provide with monitoring functionality
This reference described the distinctive synchronous bridge rectifier, the interleaved PFC stage, the high-speed phase-shifted full-bridge converter and the monitoring functionality enabled by a MSP430 microcontroller for a 350-W, state-ofthe-art energy provide. Every constructing block can be utilized individually and is straightforward scalable to increased energy ranges. You possibly can simply synchronize a number of converters to the identical switching frequency utilizing digital isolators.
This venture is an entire 350W, excessive efficiency, excessive velocity offline energy provide answer. It comprises a novel, microcontroller-driven synchronous bridge rectifier, a 2-phase interleaved PFC stage and a phase-shifted fullbridge as down converter. It has an common enter (85 .. 265V AC) and the output voltage is adjustable between 12 and 14V. The continual output present is 25A, the height present is 27A. A second microcontroller screens a number of values (enter voltage, PFC voltage, output voltage, output present, temperatures), is the interface to the person (LCD, push-buttons), adjusts the output voltage and synchronizes the switching frequency of all converters.
Utilizing synchronous rectification on the total bridge and putting the controller on the secondary facet allow a bandwidth and cargo response much better than the potential of a typical converter that makes use of an optocoupler for the suggestions path, even with rather more output capacitance.
- Fanless & ultraslim, heigth 45mm
- Effectivity +93% at excessive line (plug-to-plug)
2-Part interleaved PFC with UCC28070:
- Steady conduction mode for low noise operation (PFC scalable to greater energy ranges)
- MSP430 managed PFC bridge rectifier (Worth Line MSP430F2012)
Synchronous Part Shifted Fullbridge with UCC28950:
- Controller on secondary facet to keep away from low go conduct of optocoupler
Whole System Monitoring & Management by MSP430F2252:
- AC enter voltage & intermediate PFC voltage by way of remoted I2C-interface
- Output voltage & present
- Temperature of left/proper warmth sink and case temperature
- Output voltage is adjustable between 12 and 14V with a decision of 100mV
- All controllers are synchronized by µC; switching frequency may very well be adjusted for “out of RF band operation”
µC is ready to fluctuate the switching frequency, too (“Dithering”)
This reference design has been examined by Texas Devices. It comes with required design assets comparable to Gerber recordsdata, schematics, BoM, and many others. Yow will discover further information in regards to the reference design on the corporate’s web site. To learn extra about this reference design click on right here.